The CVW Long Lake Public Library offers free library cards to taxpayers/residents of the Long Lake School District and near surrounding areas. Residents of areas served by a chartered library in the Mohawk Valley Library System (MVLS) and Southern Adirondack Library System (SALS) are also able to borrow materials and use services at the library. Materials with high local demand may be restricted from delivery to those library systems’ service areas across NY, though pick-up of materials at The CVW Long Lake Public Library is available to all registered borrowers of MVLS and SALS.
A library card is required for patrons to check out materials. Replacement cards are available for no fee.
Request An Item
To request a new item that is not in the collection, please follow these steps:
- Click here to search for the item in the catalog. If the item is listed, place a hold using your 14 digit library card number, your pin number is the last 4 digits of your telephone number.
- For CD’s, movies and TV shows not shown in theaters, please do not place a request more than 3 months in advance of release date.
- Request for books will be accepted on items with a publication date within the next 6 months.
- If the item falls into the above guidelines, email email@example.com to request an item.
***If the library decides to purchase the item you will automatically be placed on hold for the item. Please remember that these suggestions do not guarantee that the item will be purchased.
Lost or Damaged Materials
- Patrons will be expected to reimburse the library for lost or damaged materials. Charges are based on replacement cost plus a processing charge. Failure to pay for lost or damaged items, or to return materials after reminders are issued, will result in suspension of library privileges until the situation is resolved.